New Flophouse Address:

You will find all the posts, comments, and reading lists (old and some new ones I just published) here:
https://francoamericanflophouse.wordpress.com/

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Flop and Bopp

"We must remember three things:
Number one and first in importance, we must have as much fun as we can with what we have.
Number two, we must eat as well as we can, because if we don't we won't have the health and strength to have as much fun as we might.
And number three and third in importance, we must keep the house reasonably in order, wash the dishes and such things. But we will not let the last interfere with the other two."

Ed Ricketts quoted by John Steinbeck in The Log from the Sea of Cortez

It came to my attention yesterday that some out-of-towners are showing up for the Bopp event on Monday.  So in their honor I have decided to throw open the Flophouse on Saturday, October 4.  From 10 AM to 4 PM anyone who would like to stop by my little maison ouvrière here in Versailles is most welcome to do so.

Nothing fancy, it's a come as you are, and stay for as little or as long as you like.  In line with the philosophy of the sagacious Mr. Ricketts, the Flophouse will be "reasonably in order." There will be coffee, and, if I'm inspired, pumpkin pie to restore your strength after the long trek out to Versailles.  The house is small but it has two porches, a garden and many places to sit and chat.  And the last is (at least for me) the fun part.  As Madame G says often (and with deep satisfaction) Ah, ça fait du bien de bavarder un peu...

If you would like to show up, just send me an email:  v_ferauge@yahoo.com.

6 comments:

irissansfrontieres.wordpress.com said...

I regret not being there to come for a visit. At least I can enjoy reading the descriptions and seeing photos of your quite special house. Learning the history of the house and the neighborhood adds to its charm.

Iris

irissansfrontieres.wordpress.com said...

I regret not being there to come for a visit. At least I can enjoy reading the descriptions and seeing photos of your quite special house. Learning the history of the house and the neighborhood adds to its charm.

Iris

Norman HK said...

We need more people to aware of this stupid crazy law. Well the next election will tell.

tccomments2013 said...

dear Victoria,

I love those three most important things to remember that began this post! what I wouldn't give to have been able to land my magic carpet smack at your door step, to visit those lovely gardens, have a tour of your charming home, and while away time getting to meet you in person. I do hope is was a happy and festive gathering enjoyed by all.

much love,

Karen ooxx

James H said...

Another great post ! I wish I am near your place but I am stuck here in the west coast. Oh yes, we are all sick of Fatca. I was thinking of partnering with a US company to venture to Asia, but after FATCA, I rather do nothing instead. I can't imagine to submit myself to all the new paper works and regulations and treated like a criminal. We need to lower tax, reduce regulation, reduce spying and business opportunities will grow like wild fires. Taxes and regulations only create meaningless paper/pencil pushing jobs for lawyers and accountants.

Victoria FERAUGE said...

I wish you could have come, folks. My house was actually "reasonably in order' that day though the garden was a mess. :-)