Ask the Pilot is a featured column on Salon written by Patrick Smith, an airline pilot. It's everything you ever wanted to know about air travel, airports and airlines. Here are some of his classic posts:
- When I tried to seduce a girl and almost had a mid-air collision
- The world’s worst airport (No, it's not Charles de Gaulle :-)
- Smoke in the cockpit: A true story of danger and hilarity, part 1
- Smoke in the cockpit: A true story of danger and hilarity, part 2
- Everything you were afraid to know about wake turbulence
- How to travel in the world's most "dangerous" place to fly
Really fine writing. Funny too. If you travel a lot, this is a must read.